Hotel Check-In Information for Unaccompanied Students
BAA strongly recommends that a parent or guardian accompanies participants during their visit to New York, but we know that some older students prefer to stay on their own. Most New York City hotels require that an occupant be at least 21 years of age to book and stay in a room; however, the BAA recommended and chaperoned hotels will allow a student between the ages of 15 and 21 to stay without a parent or guardian if they follow the instructions below.
- You must CALL the BAA recommended hotel to make your reservation and you must speak to our assigned representative or to someone in Group Sales. Please do NOT make your reservation online or with any other hotel customer service representatives.
- Ideally, the student’s parent or guardian should be present at check-in, even if they will not be staying with the student.
- If a parent or guardian cannot be present at check-in, you must do the following:
- Indicate that the student will be traveling and staying alone when you complete your online forms approximately 6 weeks prior to your program.
- Be prepared to check-in to the hotel between 4:00PM and 9:00PM the day BEFORE your program begins. The BAA Chaperone will be available to help you check-in without a parent or guardian present.
Please note: students under the age of 15 MUST stay with a parent or guardian. Students between the ages of 15 and 21 who are not staying with a parent or guardian will be booked into a room on the same floor as the BAA Chaperone and will be required to receive a “Lights Out” check at the end of each day (you will receive more information about this when you are directed to complete your online forms 4-6 weeks prior to the start of your program). Students who cannot meet the requirements above will not be able to take advantage of BAA Chaperone check-in option.